Lucinda and Mariëlle examine their own beliefs about writing by completing the exercise in the previous episode. They consider which of their beliefs are the most negative before considering which most interfere with their writing life. They invite you to do the same.
For each belief, write down the answers to the following questions:
- How has this belief limited me in my writing?
- How did I get to believe this? Did I ever choose to believe it, or is it someone else’s belief, which I have incorporated as my own? When did I start believing this, and why?
- How has having this belief served me? What did I gain from having this belief? What have I been able to avoid by not addressing this belief sooner?
- What would be different in my life if I held a different belief about writing?
- Am I ready to change it and replace it with a different belief?
- Who would I be if I didn’t have this belief about writing?