During this episode, Lucinda and Mariëlle talk about falling out of love with your craft and ways to get that loving feeling back if you lost it.
Here’s what came up during the episode:
- That there’s a difference between falling out of love with a project and falling out of love with the craft (although falling out of love with the craft might just be about a project and not the craft itself)
- That there are different elements to being in love with your writing, and that you might have to look into all of these to figure out why you haven’t been feeling it
If you’ve fallen (somewhat) out of love with our writing, you might want to pick up your journal and sit down with the following questions:
- When you first started writing, why were you called to write?
- When you first started writing, how did it make you feel?
- Do you still feel like that when you write? If not, what has changed?
- If you fell out of love with writing, whether partly or entirely, when did you first notice you lost that loving feeling?
- When did you lose or start losing (some of) that loving feeling?
- What does this tell you?