During this episode, Lucinda and Mariëlle dive deep into the topic of models and the kind of behaviour they themselves would like to model to the world.
Here’s what came up during the episode:
- Who some of Lucinda’s and Mariëlle’s role models were when they were growing up
- That people are often role models without us consciously realising that’s what they are to us
- That anyone can be a role model, and that it can be as much about what they do with their lives as how they make you feel about yours
- That the behaviour Lucinda wants to model to others is that she follows through with her writing, that is, she gets stuff done and out into the world
- Mariëlle wants to model what it’s like to not be afraid of your own inner power
Here are some of the questions Mariëlle posed that could help you figure out what kind of role model you would like to be:
- Who were your role models as you grew up? If you can’t think of anyone, think about the people who left a positive mark on you. What did they do? How did they make you feel? Are you emulating any of that in your own life?
- Why were these people your role model? What is it they did or said that made you look up to them as an example for your own life?
- When you think of the people you’re leaving a mark on yourself, what would you like for them to see?
- Are you currently setting that example and modelling that behaviour?
- If no, what would need to change for you to start setting the example you wish to be in others’ lives?